At BOLT Global, we have a mission to create a full ecosystem for streamers to be their best creative self, and for users to be rewarded for their time spent in a transparent and safe environment. We do so through our flagship products – BOLT+, where we stream the best live TV/radio and independent streamer content, and BOLT X, our growing home of decentralised finance applications that is powered by the Blockchain.
If you are looking to work in a dynamic, disruptive, and high growth industry that has its building blocks in media distribution and on the blockchain, then Bolt Global may have an opportunity for you.
We are looking for a self starter that has a passion for code, and what the code enables and translates into as a product and as an user experience. This individual will need to work and collaborate across our product, content and marketing teams to build the best user experience for our BOLT+ and BOLT X platforms.
- Research, design, develop, and test new cutting edge technologies;
- Brainstorm and help evaluate applications for new tools and technology as they continually evolve;
- Be involved in the global blockchain community – work on implementing and integrating the latest improvement proposals;
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance;
- Be a part of the whole product life cycle: Design, Build, Run and Iterate;
- Document new solutions as well as maintaining that of existing ones;
- Solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals such as object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms, problem solving, and complexity analysis and how and when to apply them
- Ability to experiment with, learn and apply new technologies quickly
- Experience working with open source projects
- Strong knowledge of common algorithms and data structures
- Preferably good knowledge of SQL databases (MySQL/PostgreSQL)
- Familiarity with basic cryptography is a plus
- Familiarity with Qt Widgets Module is a plus but not a prerequisite
- Familiarity with React Native, React, Node.js and related frameworks (such as Express)
- Knowledge about continuous integration and delivery platforms such as GitLab, Travis CI, CircleCI, or Jenkins.
- Knowledge of Git (locally and using GitHub)
- Experience writing unit tests and testable code
- Multimedia audio/video development and real-time collaboration system knowledge is a plus
- Self-directed, analytical, and problem solver. Work with a high degree of autonomy and limited supervision.
- Team player
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, preferable
Culture and Work Philosophy:
- Enthusiasm for the media, content and crypto world and willingness to learn the business elements associated with them.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment and having an ability to adapt to changes.
- Ability to work with geographically distributed teams and flexibility across time zones.
- A customer first attitude to helping build our products and user experience.
Please include in your resume the languages you feel comfortable working with. We would also love to see examples of work you feel comfortable sharing. This might be something online, like a code repository, or something unpublished, like a personal project you would be willing to share.
BOLT is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.